Mailing List!

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

2 years between updates!?!?!?!?

Okay, so not quite 2 years. That was a bit dramatic. But still... it's been pretty dang close to 2 years. Please accept my sincerest apologies!



I've had quite a few readers e-mailing me lately asking when the third Parrish book will be out. And to you I say, I salute your undying dedication to Jefferson Parrish. He would be so proud of your support. In fact, he is so proud... because, let's be honest, that boy knows everything everyone is up to.

(NO JEFFERSON IS NOT LIKE JOE GOLDBERG, I IMMEDIATELY REGRET MY CHOICE IN GIFS)


So, long story short (but not that short because we all know how long-winded this girl is), I had a baby. This one, right here.



She's pretty freaking cute right?


Like, stop it already, you perfect specimen of a human being.


And this little baby Sovay has sucked the life force out of me, leaving me sleep-deprived and in a constant state of panic that she might be choking on something or falling off of something or not learning enough words. I mean, don't get me wrong, she's the light of my life but MAN kids are stressful!



Anyway, not so long ago I FINALLY finished the book I've been working on for literal years. Pre-baby Shannen used to write a book every 4 months (no exaggeration). Post-baby Shannen took TWO YEARS to write a book. Granted the book in question basically forced me to learn physics which is no easy feat. But still, it took a while.



I'm super proud of this book, though. And I'm SO excited for the world to read it. Right now it's in query limbo, so that's always a fun place to be. But no matter what happens, I will be beating you all over the head with physics, time travel, and entanglement theory in no time :)



And now, on to the reason anyone still reads my blog.


PARRISH

The third book in the Parrish series is already like, 1/3 written. The entire plot has been written out chapter by chapter so now I just need to have time to sit down and put the words on theoretical paper (anyone up for some free babysitting?). I won't promise that it'll be out by Halloween like I did a year ago because... well... look where we are now. But I will promise that Jefferson Parrish will be gracing your nightmares soon. He hasn't been forgotten. Mostly because he is THE MOST persistent muse you will ever find. Like he seriously sits on my shoulders all day poking me in the ear asking when I'll write another book about him.



Drama queen.



I've also got a few other books in the works and in true Shannen fashion, I'm bouncing back and forth between all of them as I write.



So never fear! Books will be released!



Eventually.

And in the mean time, here's a GORGEOUS drawing Shauna Rust did of Jefferson and Sadie being adorable.



Until next time,

Shannen

No comments:

Post a Comment