Mailing List!

Friday, March 11, 2011

And the release date is.....

In the spirit of keeping everyone up-to-date on what's happening with my book I shall disclose something very exciting to you... the release date for my book! Well... at least the release month. I'm not quite sure on the actual date yet. But the month is......


Drum roll please





October!


I know it's a good 7 months away so that's why I have an assignment for everyone. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to be just as excited to buy the book and learn all about Amelia in October as you are right now. Think you can do it? For those of you wanting extra credit never fear, I have that too: be even more excited in October than you are right now! I must admit at first I was thinking October was an odd choice but it is my birth month so it's like the perfect birthday present! Happy birthday Shannen... oh and by the way your book is out in stores! I like that. I'll definitely accept that birthday present. What are the chances I could get them to release it on October 7th do you think?


Alright so now for another big announcement. Cedar Fort has decided to change the title of my book. At first I was a little sad because I do make an effort to put great thought into my book titles to make them witty and fun (hence why the book I'm working on right now has no title... just can't think of something perfect). I must say, however, that I can understand why they changed it. If you didn't know anything about my book and saw the title "It's Not You, It's Me" in a list you might think it was a self-help book... or some sort of instruction on how to get over a break-up. Understandable right? But Cedar Fort is going to use "It's not you, it's me" on the cover as a sort of tag line so I'm happy. But now for the new title to be revealed.... I would ask for another drum roll but two in one blog post seems like overkill. So without further ado, and without further drum roll, the new title of my book is "The Break-Up Artist". Straight forward. Simple. And very informative to anyone checking out the book for the first time. Now I did google "The Break-Up Artist" to see what would come up and I found a movie from 2009 which made me a little frantic for a moment... until I realized, that movie came out in 2009. My copyright is from 2008. My idea. Boom roasted. Not that anyone would think I'd stolen it anyways but I wanted to avoid a "Secret Window" scenario. That didn't seem to end well for anyone involved.


So there you have it! New name and a shiny new release date.

Remember your homework!

I'll post more updates soon!


Shannen

7 comments:

  1. Go, you! I like the new title. And October will be just as exciting as March.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a riot! I love the drum roll, and I really do like the new title. I can't wait until October!

    ReplyDelete
  3. October is a big month in our family and just got BIGGER! Hey, just in time for Christmas Shoppers too!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME! I am soooo excited! I am telling everyone i know!!!! heehee! Congrats again cant wait to buy my copy! I am going to recommened it to my Moms and tots group for us to read for you book month in october SWEETNESS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, the movie was terrible. Your book will definitely be better!

    ReplyDelete